The culture of death remains pervasive in our culture. When they peddle death, broken families, and the such, it is hard for them to remain coherent when they speak on matters of morals.
Inspired by a blogger I enjoy reading at LifeSiteNews.com, named Ben Johnson, I came up with 12 beliefs the culture of death wants you to hold. Here we go…
1. Both fertility and infertility are diseases. The former is “cured” by means of contraception. The latter is circumvented by in vitro fertilization (IVF) or by artificial insemination. This way, you get to talk out of both sides of your mouth!
2. Sexism is a one-way street. It is sexist to say a woman must birth the child she is carrying, but it is not sexist to say men have no say-so in whether children are allowed to live until birth.
3. Women are for viewing pleasure. Women are to be respected and empowered… unless it’s time for sexual gratification, then it’s okay to objectify them by viewing pornography.
4. Ignore your upbringing. Motherhood is a vocation beneath the dignity of any self-respecting woman. This, coming from people who were predominantly raised by mothers in their home while growing up.
5. Discrimination? Only exists when they say so. To discriminate against anyone is inhumane, especially on the basis of their race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation… Unless you’re speaking about children with down syndrome, in which case it is okay that over 90% of such babies are aborted in this country. Again, these are the people deciding what constitutes tolerance and acceptance.
6. The way the wind blows determines what is permissible. The morality of so-called “gay marriage” is evident from its explosion in acceptance in mainstream culture… so says the people who reduce their basis of right-and-wrong in the court of public opinion, which they just admitted can change.
7. Are You My Mother? Thanks to IVF, the woman who carries you in her womb for nine months doesn’t even need to be your biological mother. In fact, it is okay to breed you in a lab, and then never tell you who one or both of your biological parents are. You were bought and paid for, and that’s what matters, because children are treated like commodities, instead of having intrinsic value in themselves as human persons.
8. Feigning ignorance. Some will claim they do not know when life begins. Although not being certain, rather than error on the side of caution, they permit the destruction of unborn children to the tune of over a million a year in the USA.
9. A woman’s “right” has no limits. The school nurse cannot give your teenage daughter an aspirin without your parental consent. Yet, she can drive your daughter to a facility to procure an abortion, and never notify you.
10. Legality determines morality, apparently. It is legal (and to some this means it must be moral) to kill an unborn baby the day before his due date (or any time before he is due). But to kill the baby the day after he is born, now that’s murder!
11. Life begins arbitrarily. A baby can be legally killed seven months after his conception, so long as he has not been born. Yet, for a baby born prematurely seven months after his conception and being treated in ICU, now that would be homicide to end his life.
12. Look who’s talking. The person who compiled this list, or the person who agrees that each of these is a moral contradiction is a homophobic, racist, bigoted, religious-zealot idiot. Again, because it is wrong to be biased against anyone.
I know this is far from an exhaustive list. Which ones did I forget to include?
Or, do you disagree with my inclusion of any of these on the list?