Is ORTHO TRI CYCLEN LO safe?
For those unaware, ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO is one of the most popular birth control pills available on the market.
On this blog I have already explored how birth control is damaging to marriage, to society, to one’s spirituality. However, I have yet to delve deep into the physical side effects of birth control. Today, I want to dive deep.
Today I will show you what Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. informs us about ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO. You shall see what they list as possible physical side effects to their product.
With a website called thepill.com, I am going to consider you the representation of the birth control industry.
THE PHYSICAL SIDE EFFECTS OF THE BIRTH CONTROL PILL, ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO
Here are all the physical side effects, according to the manufacturer of a popular birth control pill, called ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO.
1. On the front page of it website, under its “Important Safety Information,” it asks, “What is the most important information I should know about ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO?” Apparently, the “most important” side effect this drug can cause is serious cardiovascular problems, when used in conjunction with smoking.
2. If you have a history of or are at risk of having any of these conditions, your health issues may be made more severe by using their contraceptive:
-Blood clots (in the legs, lungs, eyes, or legs)
-Unexplained vaginal bleeding
-Yellowing of the whites of your eyes or jaundice during pregnancy or during previous use of hormonal contraceptives
-Upcoming surgery with prolonged bed rest
Again, if you have a history of any of the above or suspect any of these apply to you, then you should not even take their drug! Think about that.
3. The home page of thepill.com also lists these all as possible side effects of ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO:
-Irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting
-Problems wearing contact lenses such as change in vision or inability to wear your lenses
-Fluid retention with swelling of the fingers or ankles and may raise your blood pressure
-Spotty darkening of the skin (especially the face)
-Change in appetite
-Loss of scalp hair
4. Wait, ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO has more possible side effects. If you had any symptoms in the list for #3, they recommend you contact your doctor. If you experience any of the following symptoms, after taking their contraceptive, then they say you should contact your doctor immediately:
-Sharp chest pain
-Sudden shortness of breath
-Pain in the calf
-Crushing chest pain or tightness in the chest
-Sudden, severe, headache or vomiting
-Dizziness or fainting
-Disturbances of vision or speech
-Weakness or numbness in an arm or leg
-Sudden or complete loss of vision
-Severe pain or tenderness in the stomach area
-Difficulty in sleeping
-Lack of energy
-Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eye along with fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, dark-colored urine or light-colored bowel movements
Numbness of arms or legs? Sharp chest pain? Signs of a possible heart attack.
Severe headache or disturbed speech? Signs of a possible stroke.
Do they come out and tell you that? No, not on the home page of their website. Their claim to care about women’s health has its limits, after all.
If you think that’s bad, it gets worse.
5. Dig a little bit on their website, and you can download their “full product information… including box warning.” The print out is over 50 pages.
The fine print adds these further contraindications. These are additional pre-existing illnesses that exclude you from qualifying as a good candidate for their contraceptive. In other words, these can be added to List #2 above:
-Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
-A past history of deep vein thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
-Cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease (current or history)
-Valvular heart disease with complications
-Diabetes with vascular involvement
-Headaches with focal neurological symptoms
-Hepatic adenomas or carcinomas
-Known or suspected pregnancy
-Hypersensitivity to any component of this product
6. The 50+ page document also names these common side effects to all oral contraceptives, including ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO:
-Myocardial infarction (aka a heart attack)
*That’s right, in this section, the document points out that the mortality rate for patients who used this product increases “significantly” in someone who has hypertension, hyperlipidemias, obesity, or diabetes.
7. The larger document lists these “thromboembolic disorders and other vascular problems” women risk occurring to them by taking their contraceptive drug:
-Myocardial infarction (aka a heart attack)
-Cerebrovascular diseases (of which they include stroke)
8. After discussing the mortality rate of contraception users, the manufacturers of ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO go on to list many more risk factors associated with their product. You know, the product women are told they must have available to them, because without it a society cannot claim to care about women or women’s health. Here’s that list of risk factors, minus ones previously mentioned:
-Carbohydrate and lipid metabolic effects
-Elevated blood pressure
9. Scrolling down the 50+ product information guide that I imagine every doctor goes over thoroughly with every female patient of his or hers (no, not really), I find this: “Adverse Reactions” to using oral contraceptives. Here is the list, deleting out reactions already mentioned thus far:
-Temporary infertility after discontinuing “treatment”
-Breast changes, such as tenderness, enlargement, or secretion
10. Here is a list of side effects women experienced using their product that the manufacturers of ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO claim they cannot confirm nor deny. I deleted from the list symptoms we already have confirmed elsewhere in their own documentation. Here is the rest of the list:
-Changes in appetite
-Loss of scalp hair
-Impaired renal function
-Hemolytic uremic syndrome
-Changes in libido (aka your sex drive)
I find two big ironies in this list. First, ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO is one of only three oral contraceptives said to be approved by the FDA for combating acne. Yet, their own product information says this drug could cause acne.
Secondly, we keep being told birth control pills and products are supposedly liberating to women, because now they can finally have the “freedom” to have sex with no consequence, just like men. Setting aside all the other hundreds of side effects that could occur from this product alone, just focus on the one that can change the woman’s libido. If she takes this pill, she may not even want to jump in the sack.
11. The product information for ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO claims a 5% failure rate among all oral contracepting women. This means for women taking ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO or other oral contraceptives so as to prevent becoming pregnant, 1-in-20 still become pregnant.
12. As well, the product information for ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO admits its abortifacient capabilities. It lists the three mechanisms by which it works to try to prevent pregnancy. If it fails to inhibit ovulation or to prevent the sperm from reaching the ovum, then it can cause “changes in… the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).”
As I have discussed in the past, this is their code speak for causing an early abortion, or a chemical abortion.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
So, I will ask again, is ORTHO TRI CYCLEN LO safe?
After reading over 100 possible side effects of taking this oral contraceptive, I hope you can agree the answer is NO!
Therefore, I beg you to stop. Please get off this birth control pill or any other contraceptive you may be on.
Is risking your health worth avoiding a baby?
Wouldn’t you rather hold a precious baby in your arms than risk a heart attack, a stroke, a pulmonary embolism, vaginitis, cataracts, severe hypertension, hemorrhagic eruption, or even death?
Men, is it worth it to you to have your woman possibly lose her sex drive, gain weight, experience depression, or develop gall bladder disease, just so you two can have contraceptive sex?
I imagine many birth control advocates will point the finger at me and label me the bad guy. But as the saying goes, don’t shoot the messenger.
By merely pointing out what the producers of ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO admit to be true about their own product, I am making myself to be very unpopular. I realize I am speaking for the guilty conscience of many people.
Just rethink this whole contraceptive mentality. Have some faith. It will make you happier, and healthier.
So, what do you think of all the health risks of taking the popular birth control pill, ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO?
Would anyone like to share a story of having taken this product or a similar one and what difference it made to get off it?
This or anything else you’re welcome to share your thoughts on below.