Hey now, don’t shoot the messenger. I am only relaying what common sense tells us but now a large government-sponsored study confirms. That is, there is no such thing as safe sex.
Immediately, people are plugging their ears, covering their eyes, and putting their hands over their mouths. Say it isn’t so.
That’s right, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, from within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) published a report saying condoms don’t work!
The study was co-sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. So, this was not a bunch of Catholic, right-wingers. These were governmental agencies converging to file this report.
Their yearlong project saw 28 researchers review 138 peer-reviewed published studies. Each of these studies concerned the spreading of sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs).
“Their findings were stunning. Basically, it boils down to this: There is no evidence to indicate that condoms prevent the heterosexual transmission of most sexually transmitted diseases. None,” writes Mary Beth Bonacci.
The researchers reviewed the efficiency in preventing the spread of the eight most common STDs among heterosexuals. They studied the spread (or lack thereof) of HIV, HPV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, chancroid, trichomoniasis, and genital herpes. Their results concluded there is no such thing as safe sex.
Only two of the eight diseases showed any signs of being slowed down by use of condoms.
When used as the manufacturers recommend, condoms were shown to produce an 85% reduction in the spread of heterosexual HIV. However, that leaves a 15% infection rate for one of the deadliest diseases in America. The rate of infection for gonorrhea also was reduced, but only in men, they found.
Together, HIV and gonorrhea comprise together about 2% of all heterosexual STDs reported in the country. Meaning, condoms offer no known means of “protection” from STDs from 98% of all STDs.
Does anyone think it is worth taking their chances? Why can’t people see there is no such thing as safe sex?
And to think, they almost withheld this information. After all, it topples the house of cards our culture is built on that recreational sex can be had with no consequences. All fornication, STDs, contraception use, out of wedlock pregnancies, abortions, and so on are proof the current model of human sexuality is doomed. Things never tend to go well, when we defy God.
You would think a study like this would prove consequential in destroying the myth of so-called safe sex. But I am not holding my breath.
Because, in case you were wondering, this DHHS study was published on July 20th… in the year 2001!
Do you agree we can lay to rest this myth of sex with no consequences and let it be known there really is no such thing as safe sex?
Please leave your comment below!